Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Farewell to my CO (Week 28 from Baseline)

This morning, I attended clinic visit number something. My CO greeted me with news.

"I'm moving back to Queensland. This is my last week"

WHAT? *sniff*

Truth be told, I am a wee jealous. Yes, it was the state who gave us Pauline Hanson, Bob Katter and the place is full of rat-tailed bogans. But Queensland also has the best weather and, despite being one stubby short of a six pack, Queenslanders are the most genuine, positively spirited Aussies who give visitors the friendliest welcome and greatest hospitality. And despite my Melbournian heritage and my tendency to get a gleeful when stoking the fires of our interstate rivalries, I can definitely see Sharon of the future living and being very happy up there.

Now, back to the visit.

My CO told me several patients report a 'recently' a severe itch at the site of the injection. And my whining about it is consistent with other reports. I got the feeling by the use of the word 'recently' that this may be a fairly new-ish phenomenon. If that's the case, then one can logically deduce that something in the syringe has changed. My CO hasn't been informed about any changes. So, I would like to take a moment and say to Abbott Technologies, the producers of Adalimumab PLEASE FIX IT! MAKE IT STOP!

I'm going to try out Stingose. But my CO recommended some over-the-counter allergy stuff like Zirtec the day before and the day after I jab. I would rather not really. I'm already feeling like enough of a pill popper as it is.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;