Friday, January 28, 2011

You’d think by now, I should know to keep my mouth shut

This morning, I posted a blog about my run yesterday and how my ankle held up. Pretty pleased with myself I was. All was fine and dandy.

At 4:00pm today I got home from grocery shopping. After putting all the groceries away, I sat on the couch and put my feet up. That’s when I noticed ‘that’ type of achey pain in the ankle. 

Let’s fast forward to now.


And a close up for good measure.




The photos were taken at 5:15pm. And yup, that’s some nice swelling I’ve got going on there on the left. I guess that run yesterday had more of a negative effect on my arthritis than I thought. I know it’s arthritis and not the trauma. I can feel it.

Bugger!

2 comments:

SSK said...

Thanks so much for sharing your diagnosis story. I am struggling to find a diagnosis myself. I am currently being treated for inflammatory arthritis. My rheumy doc won't commit yet to a diagnosis of RA or SpA. I think it's the latter. It's a frustrating spot to be in, as you well understand. Again, thanks for sharing.

Sharon Carpenter said...

You're welcome. I have also heard my doctors refer to my condition as Inflammatory Arthritis. I have even said to them 'Why don't you folks make your damn minds up on the name' :)

You will only ever have RA if you test positive for the Rheumatoid factor. This is what (apparently) defines RA these days. Since I was negative, I can't have RA. But 20 years ago, that's the very name it would have been given.

And yes, I understand very well. Best of luck to you.

Post a Comment

 
;